Monday 19 February 2018

19th February 2018 - Parking and Paramedics

Thought for the day:"My therapist says to let go of your anger is to write down the names of your enemies and burn them. I feel much better now - but what do I do with the paper?"

I have a thing about parking badly. I also have a battle with some residents in Derwent Street who do not think I should park in "their" Street. I cannot park outside my house due to yellow lines. The Traffic Management department in Carmarthen are "looking at" my request to park around the corner as a resident paring permit but I am not holding out any hope for that one - I think they are just waiting to see how to say a polite No!

But this appeared in my feed today - and I remember the story when it broke ..

It was an irate householder who became abusive when the Paramedics Ambulance parked ( in a parking space)  outside their house to treat someone who was ill.
The content is quite clear...

I thought it was nice to see the result this morning which is the report that ...

A woman has been arrested in connection with an angry note telling an ambulance driver to "move your van".
The handwritten message was left on an ambulance in Tunstall, Staffordshire, while paramedics attended a 999 call.
It read: "If this van is for anyone but Number 14 then you have no right to be parked here.
"I couldn't give a s*** if the whole street collapsed. Now move your van from outside my house."
On Monday morning, John Owen, commander of policing in Stoke-on-Trent North, wrote on Twitter: "We have arrested a 26-year-old female for public order offences.
"Emergency services must be able to carry out their roles without fear of abuse/intimidation of any kind."
Earlier, he had written: "It's important that those working to save lives feel safe in the course of their duty.
"I'm sure that's the view of 99.99% of our population." 
After the note was found over the weekend, Katie Tudor, a paramedic mentor for West Midlands Ambulance Service (WMAS), posted a picture and wrote on Twitter: "So upset to be sent this by one of our crews this morning!"
She said the team involved had also been verbally abused, adding that the ambulance had not been blocking the road and was in a parking space.
nice to see a positive reaction on this occasion ...

I shall move my car later I think ...

And so today is a Monday and that means change of Profile and Background...




Have a good day ...



No comments:

Post a Comment