Wednesday 4 November 2020

4th November 2020 - Biden my Time at Ffynnon Wen

Thought for the day:"Every time I go into the off-licence, a mysterious man appears out of nowhere to give me advice – my spirit guardian"
















I knew that it would be a bad idea to stay up to watch the American Election. It was clear that there would be no real result overnight. I really only thought I would wait to see what Florida did to give a good indication and then go to bed - but - Florida did not play kind. I woke this morning with no more information - but with a little more trepidation that Trump was getting far more support than I think would be a sensible thought ...  66 million think he has done a good job.. As I write it is still too close to call but the late votes coming in seem to be mainly Democratic and we are tending towards a Biden Success..

It may be early - but I love this image


Today was meant to be dry and bright - Nope !
Sporadic rain storms and bits of dry... 
Took a walk around the block with the dog and blew away some cobwebs from staying up far too late last night.

New rigging gloves arrived today - so started the repaint of the sheds..


The before photos ... 
Half way through today so will post the complete version tomorrow ..

Susie managed to clear some blackcurrant bushes and prune them back today and also to clear the trellis where we think the original blackberry bushes were. We can see that they were planted at particular places but the plants themselves have gone so far that they are just being removed.

But, here are some pictures from the greenhouse yesterday that were excess to the rest of the day's pictures. 

Fungi!!

Some interesting mushroom / toadstools 

Salad and Peas

Mixed salad leaves
More salad leaves




Salad and broad beans under cloches

Hollyhocks

Lupins and Hollyhocks

Delphiniums (Blue)

Peppers are healthy

More Peppers

Salad Stuff

Spinach (eeugh)

more  !!

Broad Beans

Peas in a gutter  - seems they are sprouting


So we can take the glass off..

And so - after a tiring day .. we still do not know who will be President .. but it looks a little better now than when I went to bed last night - though I have to say one thing - Trump said that on the 4th November there would be no mention of Covid - he has been right on this if nothing else. I have not heard a thing about Covid today - though it is clear that many have died  and many lives have been changed today... 

Cheers !




  

No comments:

Post a Comment