Saturday 7 November 2020

7th November 2020 - Musical Chickens, fences and Conspiracy Theories...

Thought for the day :"I had the best glass of milk I’ve ever tasted today. It was legend dairy"


LINK JOHNS HOPKINS

Office of National Statistics







Numbers down today which is good but it is also Saturday which means that the figures are often down.

Still we come out of shut-down on Monday by all accounts.

We have been waiting for a long time - but everyone now declares for Biden - except Trump of course - who went to the Golf Course instead.


In Idris News, a friend has offered to carve us a new Idris and that restores some confidence in my fellow creatures. The locals are sympathetic and say that this sort of thing does not happen here and I agree that they are probably right. I think it is a result of the shut-downs, less work, harder times and opportunism.... But thanks to Aldan Tank for the offer.

In Machine Shop news...


Finished the front with another couple of coats of preservative and the bushes are in place. Would hardly know that it had ever been different.
Previous views:



And inside - just a couple of panels ..



Didn't get as far as I thought today as the dog decided to make a run for it again - well a stroll as she doesn't really stretch her legs much - but she slunked off as I was painting and I found her up the lane again. So - deciding that there was still a section of the lane which may be allowing her access out onto the lane - I found some old green link fencing - and sat down to try and repair it - I hate link fencing as all the pieces keep snagging. So I sat down next to the chicken opens and the music was blaring away - and as I sat - Susie came up and found that the Chickens had decided to line themselves up to be near me and to listen to the music... 




So, with my trusty pole thumper and some split posts and the finished fencing (which snagged again after carrying it up the lane) we have a section on fencing which MAY keep her in the garden - we shall see - watch this space...

Meanwhile, Susie has been working hard in the fruit beds ....






Sadly - it was also a day for fail!!
Trying a new system for syphoning the duck pond - which I failed to make work - I bucketed out the pond as usual and set the pump running to fill up... and forgot !!! after shopping and going for a nap- Susie found that the water VAT had been completely emptied and the Chicken / Duck run was flooded. Too late to check tonight - but first job tomorrow is to get some water in to the VAT and see whether I have burned out the pump by running it dry for a few hours. Fingers Crossed. That could prove expensive... and I am not sure how we would get to it !!

Seems we get one step forward - one step back...

In other news - we are thinking that this was the start of one of the Drover's Routes... Our local shop at Brynhoffnant bears this sign...

London 2283/4  Miles


And so, as the world celebrates Biden's wins and Trump plays golf and whines...
I wish you a Happy Saturday...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment