Sunday 8 November 2020

8th November 2020 - Take That Drone Eating Tree !!!

Thought for the day:"A pun is not matured until it is fully groan"


LINK JOHNS HOPKINS

Office of National Statistics







A day of win!!

It was Sunday but we were up relatively early - me to see if I had done much damage to the water tank and pump.. First filled it by bucket form the barrels collecting from the Tavern roof and managed to lose the float and depth indicator through the hole - and as the water was so low - it needed to be grabbed out - in this case using a tree lopper - well it had a hook thingie to pick up the stick. A couple of rubber bands and it should be fine for the future. 
Well, after filling it a couple of feet full I tried the pump and thank goodness it worked straight away so I do not think I have done any damage....

Decided to put a coat of paint on various things...  Black...


Another coat on the flower boxes to spruce them up a little 


The old bench by the front door ( before picture only)


The garden bench - in need of repair - but mid picture here

And the inside of the machinery Shed...


This is coming along quite nicely - ready for the roof section and the door now..

Susie has been busy with the wine press and the hand sanitiser, sadly some mice have had her peas in the green house - seems to be a recurring problem, and we came back to find 'Thena hanging off her chair!!  far to big for that - so she decided to make her a proper dog bed - raised off the floor so she can be comfortable without robbing her of her chair... Will have photo tomorrow when it is finished...  I will have to stain the wood of course!

And then - today became the day of reckoning with the Drone Eating Tree!!!
I had had enough and the leaves had gone so I plucked up the courage and put the ladder to the tree. It was quite high to be honest and I am not very good with heights at the best of times - but armed with one of my mother's "grabbers" I got to the top and managed to wrestle the drone down = and better news - it seems to be working now I have re-charged the batteries..

So Iain 1 : Drone Eating tree 0







Oh - and Rupert the Bear is 100 years old 

November 8th 1920  - Daily Express

100 years Anniversary...

Tempted to take a photo of some of my old copies - they are very non-politically correct...
Will look them out when I get the boxes open...

First day without Election furore - well we have Biden saying he will heal the country, and Trump throwing tantrums,will take things forward from here..


Should be out of the lock-down tomorrow ..
Will there be any difference - can't say 

Cheers!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment