Sunday 7 June 2020

7th June 2020 - Confused, Catalogues, Clogs, and Crisis - Happy Sunday

Thought for the day :"Lego store has re-opened - People are lining up for blocks"


LINK JOHNS HOPKINS
Office of National Statistics


Well, that was an interesting start to the day.
A knock on the door and a 50 year old man in leggings and a thin blue T Shirt tries to walk into the house and asks if he can come in ... I say No, of course, and will admit I am a little too close to him for comfort, but as he goes I ask him if he knows where he lives and he says "no".
I quickly establish that he knows very little - is obviously cold (it is pretty chilly this morning),and so I call him back while still telling him that he cannot come in.
Sadly, my phone is upstairs, so telling him to stay where he is (he complies) I run upstairs and get my phone and join him again.
So, I establish that his name is Andrew McKay and that he is 50, that he has no idea where he is living but he has a friend called Mike who he does not know anything more about...
After an aborted attempt to call next door, Lynette opens and is not sure to do so I get Andrew back in to the front Garden - it is starting to rain so I give him an umbrella which he clings onto..
111 is the NHS line I realise after mis-dialing - I hate phones !
101 and we get the multiple language options, the multiple police services option, and then the press 1 for incident - it takes about 2 minutes I reckon and Andrew is ready to walk off a few times and has to be enticed back.
Finally get through and give the details, and the police are dispatched which is good. Details are taken but the operator is obviously a new employee having no idea who I am even though I mentioned that I put the Call Center together - but then I have been retired for 14 years so memories are short.
Susie comes to rescue me and she pops up the road to the Care Home, now Called Stradey Park Care Home I understand, and as she comes back with one of the staff, a car draws up with another care worker in scrubs, who calls to Andrew and he gets into the car happily to see someone he knows...
I am still on the phone to the Call Centre so the matter is completed, though in fairness the police still called around to check that everything was okay... 

And so , the good deed for the day - but it was as well that he did not run off, as I would have had to follow as he was clearly a confused and vulnerable individual - however, he was under-dressed in leggings and T shirt, I was also under dressed in a Miami Summer Shirt and leggings and bare feet!!
Had the call gone out it would have been understandable if they picked me up as the more vulnerable!!!

And so - Happy Sunday !!

As for the rest of the month - I spoke yesterday about the 2020 Bingo Card - I found a version 


And so - We get to publishing No 47 on Youtube - here is the list so far...  


 
 
 
 
 

Today's listing from the list we get up to No 46  - The Last thing on my mind,,,



Interestingly, this was one of the ones that I do so regularly I thought I could do happily in one take - which I did and was quite happy with the result - until I had edited it and found :
 1) I had called it "Made of Sand" not "Last thing on my Mind"
 2) I had got "Your Soul in my Hand" instead of the other way around, and
 3) I had left one verse out entirely !!
So Back into the Studio and we get this as the result...

In other news- I found this about Clog Dancing in Wales, and link for posterity..

Welsh Clog Dancing..

And with no comment - regardless of the merits of Black Lives Matter (BLM) this is the scene in London for the demonstrations...  While in Wales we are still isolating and cannot travel 5 miles..




And so I get this ...

George Takei is still on form..


And it is not lunch-time yet !!

Cheers !

No comments:

Post a Comment