Saturday 20 June 2020

20th June 2020 - Songs and Stones

Thought for the day:"Started my documentary on how to fly a plane. I'm currently filming the pilot."


LINK JOHNS HOPKINS
Office of National Statistics


What can I say ?


Was quite touched today, I had a request to use "Lars Trekking" the video for the Funeral of Friend Steve Boland.  Took some searching but managed to find the original on an old hard drive, so they could have it in higher quality than is achievable from Youtube...

This is the Youtube Version ... Strange that this appears to be the only version I have on record..


But in the main Serenades we are up to Nos 56 and 57 - The Recruiting Sergeant. A bit crude as it deals with joining the Army..  In this case the Black Company, and was written by Adrian Davis of that Company after a discussion over possible songs.  When in Germany, I was adopted by "The Company"  another Role Play group with whom I had great fun, and incidentally, the Song Lars trekking went down so well as they had also had a character called Lars, and found the song very appropriate.    So, since I was int eh Studio I decided to put down a version for each of them 
Nos 56 and 57 ...

and 

In other news - a nice walk down Burry Port...


and of course - Furnace Ponds... where the lillies are now out..


Cheers 





No comments:

Post a Comment