Tuesday 2 June 2020

2nd June 2020 - Lone Ranger - to the Dump, to the Dump....

Thought for the day:"Carving names in trees? – makes you wonder why so many people carry knives when they go on dates "


LINK JOHNS HOPKINS
Office of National Statistics




Got to the dump yesterday - took my time and managed to stack everything I could as I am only allowed one trip a month.




System worked quite well really - I got there 20 minutes early even though they say not to arrive before 5 minutes before but there was a bit of a queue and it was twenty to three when I got the guy checking registrations.  I told him I was early but he was content. Inside they asked what rubbish I was bringing and in my case I had a bit of everything,blue bags, black bags, hard plastic, carpet, metal and wood...  so I just went from section to section - and I was through by 3.05pm - though I will admit I was very hot!!!

My mother would have been proud - she enjoyed a trip to the dump!
We are finally making some progress in the warehouse though it looks to be hot again for that!

In house news - I phoned yesterday to check that the information had been passed to the correct solicitors, and they had received the contact details. They had not progressed them at all - so that is one thing gee-ed up by a day..  58 days and counting to get in by Susie's Birthday.

It is Tuesday so time to change the profile Pictures again ...



A glass of beer by the lakeside in the back garden...   Cheers !


In other news - USA is a firebox...
Had the interesting watch last night as National Guard, Army, Secret Service and Park Police cleared demonstrators, mainly White and Young and Peaceful, from an area in front of the White House, with baton charges, gas and rubber bullets, so Trump could walk out with his entourage (not wearing masks) for a Photo opportunity in front of the Closed down Church. The bishop was later incensed to see the Church used as a Backdrop as he held a bible up in his right hand...  No speech, just a photo opportunity.


I must admit that it required me to use my mediocre photoshop skills...


Quite pleased with the result..

This was an interesting comparison for two Presidents...

I leave that one there..

In other news we are still socially distancing --


Yesterday I saw that it was two years from the death of a friend in Curious Pastimes, Andrew Vaughan who had some major health issues but never let them stop him role-playing Malice the Mage -  I wrote a song for him a number of years ago and decided to record a special Shut Down Serenade for his memory....

Song for Malice.. Who the Heck is Malice??



Meanwhile, the standard serenades reach No 40  - Outward Bound..


"So my Friend, you beat me to Valhalla..
May you find whatever you were looking for"


 Best get some work done I suppose
 Cheers..


No comments:

Post a Comment