Friday 12 June 2020

12th June 2020 - Sayings, Statues and Serenades

Thought for the day :"Each time you light your lighter it gets lighter and lighter until it’s so light it won’t light."


LINK JOHNS HOPKINS
Office of National Statistics



On the subject of celebrities and intelligence I quite enjoyed this as light relief today...


This was sent for my Parking Pages -  valid point I thought ..


Though I hope that Elon Musk does not get into any scandals now as Elon-Gate could go on for ever!!!

And as Statues are being removed, I recall the horror we all felt when the Taliban started tearing down statues and buildings as they did not fit their religious concepts...  Not saying that it is the same but it seems that we are all able to change our attitudes... 


Rumours today, they are wanting to rename the White Cliffs of Dover, Fawlty Towers has episode removed (the don't mention the war episode), Gone with the Wind is removed from Streaming Services, Baden Powell has a ring of locals protecting it, mainly because it brings in millions of tourists from all over the world - economy strikes again..

Managed two songs in the studio yesterday - Dirty old Town with quite a nice instrumental backing, and Jake Thackray's "Give us a Kiss!" 


But today's version is Klabautermnan - A song I wrote for the Cocktail Bar in Mythodea. Indeed, I found that it could be used for any Bar or Tavern. But I don't normally mention that !!

So - off the shops, Susie not feeling good again so sending her back to bed...

Cheers !





No comments:

Post a Comment