Tuesday 13 June 2017

13th June 2017 - Flowers on the Balcony

Thought for the day:"The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years without brains give me hope for the political situation at present"

Getting ready for a trip up to Flint today. Well, when I say getting ready - I mean that the dog neglected to get me up early, other than a quick breakfast at 7.30am when I stirred to find the loo, she allowed me to sleep on until 11am - which was quite nice. And I cannot blame the booze for sleeping late as I am now on day 13 dry for my June Dry month.

Seems the Doves at my mother's may have decided that two broods lost on the trot is enough reason to move house. They are apparently taking the twigs from the old nest and disappearing somewhere further down the balcony. That will be a pity as it has been a source of amusement and wonder for the last 6 months...

I had hoped to make it a little more hospitable by masking off above the nest so that the birds of prey could not see it - though I am unsure of the actual cause of death - as I would have imagined the birds of prey would have eaten the chicks if they got them. Malicious Crows seems a more likely cause.


Still - a few flowers brighten the place up a little and yesterday was the first day form a long time that she was able to sit out on the balcony 


A view from inside the room looking out

And a nice place to contemplate the world - maybe a Gin and Tonic next month


Cheers !
Day13D



No comments:

Post a Comment