Sunday 6 June 2021

6th June 2021 - Strimming

Thought for the day :"I added my friend Richard's number to my speed-dial. It's a get-rich-quick scheme"


Sunny Sunday today ...
Susie was up early and planting begonias before breakfast.
I was up by 9.30am and after breakfast on the veranda it was time to start with the strimmer.


The main lawn has been cut but the area around the mermaid and the slope down to Tolly's Bridge is currently well overgrown with u to 3ft high grass and thistles


It is very luxurious but well beyond the time that it should have been addressed
 

A view back to the house - which you can hardly see!


Starting on the river section 


And clearing the pontoon..


Attacking the nettles on the pontoon section
Sadly - I ran out of Strimmer Cord and so it is up to another day to finish the job..


Meanwhile, the roses around the front door are about to bloom


And down by the springs, I started on the footway..


While Susie found that our first new potatoes are ready and will be eaten fro dinner tonight
  
and a walk to the field and back and a stroll up from the Bluebell woods takes me past this glorious tree



A brilliant purple center to the white flowers...
 
So - exhaustion strikes again but a couple of Amstells and salad for dinner 

Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment