Thursday 8 April 2021

8th April 2021 - Meerkat Mountain and the Poly Base...

Thought for the day :"I'm putting all my plants in alphabetical order. Wasn't sure I would find the time but is is right next to the sage.”

Stay at home day today as I tired myself with Llanelli yesterday.
In fact managed a little admin this morning and some phone calls re Vic and his DWP status.Paid a bill or two and found that I had probably re-ordered the wrong bank card as the pin is definitely wrong...
Ho hum - a wait of three days before I can use it I guess- still haven't found the old one - but no payments have gone out so that is all to the good I reckon...

Susie hit the Meerkat Mountain trying to get the nettles killed with weed killer, the brambles dug out with the root killer and planting heather so we shouldn't have to worry in the future .. fingers crossed!

We both then started on the back area behind the Christmas tree - where she would like to put the poly tunnel in due course - but where we think we probably need a fence at the moment to make sure that 'Thena is really secure in the garden. We think we may have solved the problem with the gate and fence behind the peacock - but this is belts and braces....

But to start the day - I decided to do the full Donkey Trail - after all I had a letter to post and that way I would pass the Post Office... Sadly, as I got home I realised that I had forgotten to post the letter - 
"looking for my wallet and my car keys.."



But the Blackthorn was flourishing well !



And back to the house and Meerkat Mountain..   Susie was digging the brambles out and putting hte heather in..


Anyone want some snowdrop bulbs?


And so we start on the upper section - the Poly tunnel base..
Don't think that the pictures really show the amount of bramble here - but these are the before pictures
 


We will get there - interestingly - for the fort time 'Thena decided to stay with is as we workef rather than rambling off ..



Well - end of Day 1 - doesn't look like much - but 4 bags of brambles have been moved from there 

Llanelli tomorrow so we will attack this again on Saturday..

Enought for another day 
Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment