Saturday 24 April 2021

24th April 2021 - Colours - Maybe some Purple

Thought for the day:"If anyone knows how to correct cosmetic surgery that's gone horribly wrong, I’m all ears..."




Was thinking of my mother today for no real reason 

And this poem popped up on my feed  

"The Warning" by Jenny Joseph....




When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I’m tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people’s gardens
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.


A day in Llanelli today. Mainly to deliver an electric bed up to Llwynhendy, and took the opportunity of calling in on old friends Malcolm and Mary Silcox, the second senior past master of St Teilo Lodge, and wife... It was good to see them in their late 80's.

Also managed to get to the Clothes 4 Us recycle unit and came away with £7 for bric a brac and clothes and bedding that was destined for the dump. I like that place. It may only be 5p a kilo but it is so much better than landfill!

Trailer now back in Llanelli with the Armchairs and bed ready for a trip to the dump...
Have booked for Thursday as the first time I can get there - but booked two slots, one in my name and one in Vics... so can get two trips there ...

Did very little in No 41 so will head back again at the beginning of the week.
Tomorrow is a day to finish the duck pond - we will probably let Ouzel and Ondal (our new runner ducks) out tomorrow - see if they get over their agoraphobia.

Susie sorted some glassware and crockery and saw a lizard on Meerkat Mountain.
Rest of the day was mainly watering the garden which is now bursting into colour..

Friend sent the picture that still shows up on Google Maps if you search for Ffynnon Wen..

Before...


and after..

Death of Rats enjoys the sun

Azaleas - wearing purple 


Peacocks
And so to bed.. Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment