Thursday 21 November 2013

21st November - Clutches, Cars, and Chaos...

News from the garage, the clutch seems to have gone and the starting motor. Why they should decide to go at the same time I do not know!! Maybe for neatness!!! Apparently the pressure bearing has driven through the clutch and that is why a new clutch is needed, as it is part of the clutch. I prefer a clutch of eggs, which are considerably cheaper than the prospect of a new clutch for the car.....

So, it looks as though this will be an expensive month for the car. Probably in the region of £800 on top of the battery and the new tyres...   Ho Hum!!  But the car is still going to be worth while and should last us a few years yet.

So, the rest of the world carries on as usual. Some sort of chaos as we lead up to John F Kennedy's anniversary of the assassination tomorrow and the 50th anniversary of the first episode of Doctor Who. I remembered it being repeated the next week, but it was only watching the docudrama about William Hartnell and the start of the show, that I recalled that the reason it was repeated was because it conflicted with the assassination, and no-one got to see the programme.

I am one of the few people who until now was unable to recall what they were doing the day he died - JFK not the Doctor !! It seemed to be regularly banded around "everyone always knows what they were doing that day " but not me. I know I was only 9, so politics meant fairly little to me - about as much interest as I have today to be honest!!  but it was not one of those great things. Now Profumo! that was another matter - we were in Portugal and had to come back across Spain with a car that had a leaking radiator, and had to call at every cafe for water and a coca cola for my sister and I. But JFK?? Not me. But from now on I will know - I was watching Dr Who the first time around....

And on the subject of radiators, the Bothy has a slight leak in the radiator - well actually a gasket leak on the engine - so losing a little water - not much - but enough to get concerned that with a cold spell threatened - it needed to have the anti-freeze changed. Garage once again is willing to help - I am sure it will appear on a bill sometime in the future.....

An annoying day with the internet dropping out on a regular basis. Very frustrating, while trying to sort out the finances for the meeting in Cardigan - elected Treasurer now - Responsibility and all that sort of stuff. Much easier learning lines!!! But switching the power on and off only works so well - when the line is actually dropping out  all the time...  Spending more time watching the the little Green lights on the Hub - and waiting for the yellow light to go out...  Almost as interesting as most of the television on this evening!!!
Finished Doctor Who series 5 for the first time - Sadly no Series 6 on SKY catchup. And catchup and boxed sets do not actually work without the broadband to download.....

Maybe tomorrow will be another day !!  Well, of course, it WILL be another day  - but what I mean is it will be an Other day as in the type of day...

Nice photo posted from Germany ...


It had been a long day  - as it is today  - Slainte!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment