Wednesday 27 November 2013

27th November 2013 - Parking and Protestation

Oops!!

Seems I posted another photo of a bad piece of supermarket parking...   Well - yes - it is a gallery entitled "Parking Cars -  An occasional Gallery"  and it is designed to highlight the people who decide that they will park across several lanes in supermarkets, so I think anyone would expect there to be a car parked badly...


I once again find that I am fascinated by two main factors.

Firstly, like  me, there are a number of people who are incensed by the selfishness and uncaring attitude of those who decide to use the car parks in this manner. Now my attitude is that I generally consider people who do this are either too selfish to stick to guidelines, or have decided that their car is so precious that they do not want to park it next to other cars, and so decide that it is their right to take up lots of space to protect their car....

I accept that others are equally incensed - if not I would not be very successful in posting the pictures...
The things that fascinates me is the second point...

Secondly: I see in many otherwise quite pacifist and unassuming people, the desire to "Key the Car" "Let down the Tyres "  "Crush it "... Where is all this venom coming from ????
Is it the fact that (so far) the people I have noted infringing so hard are mainly ones with nicely polished - freshly washed - high value, new or pretty recent registrations, vehicles.. Is this a Vehicle Envy Issue??
Is it a case that people with fancy cars should be brought down to the same level as the rest of us - and should park in the designated place - with the designated allocation of space - to ask for more space is worse than Oliver Twist asking for more broth!!!
  
Part of me is actually sympathetic.. I can understand the pressures of trying to manage the supermarket car park. My mother will always only park where she can drive in to a space where she can also drive out without reversing....  That is why she prefers Lidl to Tesco...  I can understand her reservations.

A recent "X-Ray" TV program highlighted how bad some drivers, including some presenters, were in their parking skills, and did some analysis on the size of parking bays which apparently will vary from 99 inches down to 87 inches  wide....   But if you can't park a car - then should you be driving it in the first place????
Or should you be waiting until technology picks up a little more and not only automatically parallel parks - but finds you a place in the supermarket as well ..  That will probably be a shiny, new , recent registration and automatically washed car - so the programming may mean that it has to take up four spaces...   just to be certain...

Whatever the reason- this was Tesco - and by adding another parking space - I suppose that "Every Little Helps"   . I still wish that I had enough time this afternoon to slide my little car right alongside - it could have gone there - so tight that the wing mirror would be almost touching - and would require the owner to crawl through the passenger side - and what if someone was willing to do the same on the other side ???
Oh Joy - Oh Rapture....  

But what if it was someone with a wheelchair and they needed the extra space I hear you ask ?? Or maybe you didn't as you may have gone here already ..... Well !!!   There was no disabled badge - most people I know tend to put the badge out automatically cos most of us make allowances...(while suspected many of being frauds who do not need the  badge!! )
It is possible that they could not park in the disabled bays cos - non disabled drivers had used up all the places .. ( Don't even start me on that one !!! You could really have a rant  - and another gallery probably - along with the kiddie places...  No!!   We will skip that one )  - Not likely methinks based upon the position - too far away from the entrance for the specially needy ...
Perhaps others were badly parked and he/she was forced to park in the middle I am told .....  Yup - but this is quite a big car park and there is no way that someone is forced to take the "Last" place... so - Nope !!

The only reason I can think of is that someone wanted to take all the space as either a very bad driver - or because their car was so precious to them ...  And I suppose the last is what prompts the vocal desire to scar it, damage it , let the tyres down, etc....

No.. I have no such desire... But I am tempted to get some cards printed pointing to the website and gallery to show people that they have been photoed and shamed ...  But then I would probably get load s of hate mail ...   Well - it has been quiet recently !! A little more mail could be good - Maybe I will put a collection onto Youtube and get more than my current 42,509 hits...

Oh... Why all this venom about cars you ask??  Yes !! I got the car back from the garage today with new clutch and new starter motor... £750 ....   I won't be washing mine for a while .....

But Grouse is £15 a litre - so "Slainte!!"




No comments:

Post a Comment