Tuesday 12 November 2013

12th November 2013 - Home Alone Diaries

There are good points to being Home alone. A knocking at the door at 11am roused me from a deep slumber. Dogs had not stirred all morning, or if they had they had not managed to disturb me!! Delft in a nappy so not a bother there and Rusty well able to hold his own for a few hours. No idea who was at the door - thought it may be the "For Sale" sign so struggled down the stairs, sans contact lenses, but whoever was the caller was well gone with no note through the door. I would like to think it was Jehova Witnesses that I had ignored. Just me !! I do not regret getting up at that time - after all - if you don't get up how can you go back for a nap !!!!

So, chatting last night on the phone I discover that the new tablets which the doctor has given me are the same ones that my mother takes, 40 mg a day for me. This amount caused my mother to run up and down the garden of 72 Albert Street and start painting everything with gold paint... I am not sure that I will be that active, however they seem to have hit the cough for six. It is still there, and still creeps up on me, but a massive improvement.  Hide all the gold paint is what I say - though I may be able to think about doing some decorating of the top two rooms in the next day or so. Probably not in Gold !!

Used up all my stash of cheap diet coke that I bought when the prices were low. Thought I had finished a while ago - but found three bottles hidden... No not in the cistern - I am not that bad yet !!! Had to succumb yesterday and purchase the "2 for£3"  which is a little better than £2 each.....

So just after lunch the House Sale Sign Man did arrive..

Spoke with the Estate Agent up in Lampeter, and there are three offers in for the smallholding/farm already. My financial guy was not very hopeful but gave me the number of Barclays who say that they want to lend money out at the moment - so will chase that up tomorrow. Learning a little for a trip this evening up to Aberaeron - so will take it easy for the rest of the day ...

Day 11 of MOVEMBER  - growing a moustache for awareness of Prostrate Cancer....
Not sure it will ever catch on ....

Not actually sure that you can see it at all !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment