Monday 25 November 2013

25th November 2013 - Monday - not a Moan Day

Another week starts, and there are occasions when you can thank your lucky stars that you are the privileged position of being retired and not actually having to do something.
Another cold spell starting - but I rather liked the spoof headline I saw last night saying "Expected Winter Weather likely to be as cold as usual - Shock !" yup - that about sums it up...

So while I see that the weather is actually sunny and bright, with a few whispy high clouds, but mainly blue skies, while I see the condensation upon the window next to me ( and sadly also in between the panes of the double glazing - my expert glazing friend tells me not to attempt the "fixing" that some companies offer - it is expensive and does not work!), and I fell the chill through the window at my side - but also the heat from the central heating that gurgles and gasps around the system, I sit in my sloppy clothes and check my Facebook and email....  Can't be all bad..

So, while it is winter in Wales, sounds like a song I wrote !!, I get a lovely picture posted from the heat of the German Live Role Play Fest Mythodea....


Okay - I may have more enthusiasm than skill sometimes - but it is a reminder of fun times. As we were heading to the deadline for the cheaper ticket at the end of November, I managed to get in touch with the powers that be in Germany and find that I shall be welcome back as Bard next year on their ticket, so that will be my Summer sorted. Just need to see if we have managed to find a new smallholding by that time or whether Susie can travel with me.....

But even the hottest places can have their own problems - I get this photo from my sister in mexico...
 
a couple of inches of rain can mess up even the nicest beach....

And so Monday morning is a time for reflection and perhaps another cup of tea. No Moaning for me, unless it is the French Policeman in Allo Allo - "Good Moaning !!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment