Wednesday 20 November 2013

20th November 2013 - Bills and Blustery Weather

Early start to the day ..  Not because I wanted ...  And truth to be told - had I not been rudely awakened I probably would have slept on for a while .. It had been a difficult couple of days with a certain amount of strain ...

But of course the wake up call was required, as I had left a car at the local garage in the late hours of last night, and they would wonder what was the issue, or at least - where was the key!!

Let the girls out as I went by - (2 eggs this morning) though it was blustery and not suggesting any improvement on weather....

So the car is in the garage and they will look at it as soon as they can...    I think there could be more bills there

Managed to get into town to the bank to deposit money to cover the laptop computer  for Vic, and also the £25 Premium Bond win !!! Don't think I will ever be rich!!!

Managed to raise £55 so far for my Moustache for MO Vember - To raise money for Prostrate Cancer. I am quite pleased really as I have mainly grown it to demonstrate support rather than collect money.


Travelled this evening up to Cardigan for a meeting. The weather was really foul. A number of Trees and branches down on the return as the wind blows foul and the rains is heavy. Fellow travellers tell of hail  and sleet - but we only saw wind and storm. But on this occasion I was not driving so bonus !!

Safe and secure by my computer now  ... but I have bled the radiators again.. upped the boiler and will leave the heating on overnight tonight. The Wind is pounding at my window - it is a bad night for anyone out ....   but we are safe inside....    I well remember nights like this under canvass .. nice to have moved on ...

Maybe one glass of scotch and bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment