Saturday 26 March 2022

26th March 2022 - Tunnel Clearance and Lawn Cutting

Thought for the day :"If Lawyers are disbarred and Clergy defrocked, then Intelligence officials are declassified"


And so the task today was to see if we could cut the lawn, and to do that it was necessary to clear enough room to get the 42" cutter wheel of the John Deer along the "tunnel".
Decided that the stage area was probably the best place to store some of the boxes while I sort the rest out... and this turned out to be mainly the folding chairs and some crates of iron works, some safes which I do not know if they will work properly...

A days work in the sun - and it was very warm today working int he beer garden.
But we had a nice interruption when Ruby, a small dog that has a walk down our lane with a woman sadly I have forgotten her name - but she had her son with her whose name was also Toby - so they came in and had the full tour of the gardens and I must say that I was quite impressed myself. We are working so hard that sometimes it is difficult to remember what we have achieved.

And so this is the record for today....








And so we have a passage way through .....

Meanwhile Susie has been working on the banks by the patio and has planted her pampas grass, and has cleared the pathways - and all is looking good in the sun...




And the lawns have had their first cut of the year - I shall give them a second cut tomorrow - though I want to download an instruction booklet as it is all guess work at the moment and I am not sure that I am doing it properly... The first run around I had not worked out how to drop the cutter so it cut at about 5" which was actually quite a good idea for the first run around. It goes very well and is comfortable to sit on though a little scary on the slopes until I found that you can take the foot off the accelerator!"

Cheers !




           

No comments:

Post a Comment