Friday 18 March 2022

18th March 2022 - Covid again .. and Storm damage

Thought for the day :"If Lawyers are disbarred and Clergy defrocked, then Celibate people are delayed"


A sad night for me - I had been looking forward to my first live "gig" in ages and a chance to be with some of my LARP friends, for playing in the Castle at St Briavel's for the Black Company.

But day by day the increase in Covid cases has been incessant. New variants BA2 and the mixed variant of Deltacron is putting more and more cases forward - more hospital cases and of course we have lost the news as Ukraine is taking all the headlines. 

England has removed all safety restrictions - we still have masks in shops here but the remainder of the country do not have any requirement for being careful. Most, it seems, are now accepting that they will get the "lurgie" and will have to live with it - and they may be right. However, my next stage of tests for my breathing problems is not due until May and it must be said that it is difficult to think that catching the virus would just be the "light touch" that many are getting.

My social feed is filled with people who are getting ill...  Many after one or two previous illnesses. Most however being those who, like me, have managed to remain resistant for the last two years - and now have fallen.  It is a worrying time.

And so this afternoon I decided to cancel my hire car for next week at the Castle.
That means I am not going.
It saddens me as I know that the organiser has had a series of disasters with regard to the event which he has worked so hard to get together - mainly as a personal celebration - then extended to the Mercenaries of Curious Pastimes, primarily the Black Company, and now a Sanctioned CP event ..

My good friend Devil Stick Peat was to be the main entertainment. Worryingly, his wife has Covid at the moment! I was to be the support entertainment as Bard and was looking forward to setting up a full speaker and mike set ....  as well as my normal Bardic / Boozie self.

It is a sad decision but one that I am confident is the right one for the moment - I could not forgive myself if I went off to the Castle for a weekend with 75 friends and came home with Covid to upset our lifestyle at the moment ...

In other news....

It was a day off from the Yurt development today - I took a rest from the main work ..

It was a glorious sunny day though so the Dogs and I went for a long walk, while Susie planted some new seeds in the Greenhouse and cleared more of the top terrace of brambles, and grass.

We also took a trip to Newcastle Emlyn and picked up my new polo shirts - Vollsanger Green !!

 




Mike the Biz had to recreate the logo and it is wonderful...  I am so glad to support a local business like this.. Mike The Biz

Back to the Homestead...  it was a day to complete the Storm Damage on the party Chair that sits on the lawn. It has been renovated with pallet wood and today received a coat of black paint to preserve. It can go back into its place tomorrow..

Toby Inspects the work 

And in other news - the Yurt building today involved the delivery of the remainder of the wood that is required for completing the platform.. Wood prices have increased so much over the last year that we are well over our original budget - the latest load is over £700  for the support pieces and flooring...  
But it will certainly be a platform that will last longer than us !!

In other news - Border Changes in European Continent ....  Useful historical record


 And with that we will call it a day

Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment