Sunday 31 January 2021

31st January 2021 - Local Places to stay

Thought for the day :"Lockdown is getting to me. I keep misplacing my Agatha Christie books about female amateur detectives... I'm in danger of losing my Marples..."


Started snowing again this morning so we decided that we would stay in bed. Susie let the chickens out and we sat watching the bird feeder with a cup of tea. 
Disturbed by a phone call from the neighbours asking us to keep an eye out for two of their sheep that had decided to go walk-about. 
So we got up and put our waterproofs on to check the wood and lanes to their house - they did not want to drive out as it may drive the sheep away form them ...  No sign but we had a chat with Johnny and came back for another cup of tea....  You can only sit in the warm playing silly games on the tablet so long, so I decided to take the Donkey Trail with 'Thena..



Met up with Rhys and Branwen the collie, who were walking the opposite direction and had a long chat. Ex policeman from Gwent, took early retirement for health purposes, but the important information was that on his acres of land he has built (had built?) log cabins for holiday makers and put in a treatment station for the sewage. So we may have somewhere to send people later when we open the Tavern  for staying / camping....

(edit) Sent me the link to his pages here : Llwynlwan Cottages 

Caban Gwyd








Caban Llyr



and the cottage

Llwyn Iestyn






Lots of people out despite the wind chill being very cold and the snow falling.

Found that the living room fire stayed in last night - I did add a few logs fairly late. But that means that I am able to sit in here on the computer during the day.



 Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment