Thursday 1 October 2020

1st October 2020 - Hero Forge and other Vanities

Thought for the day :"I'm going to anger management classes because they are all the rage."




White Rabbits!

Been playing a bit with a program from Hero Forge.. Vollsanger as a miniature.














Quite pleased with some of these.

Today, we took possession of something to make hand sanitiser. We hope to bottle it later, but only for the house. Susie will be in charge of that together with all the Ffynnon productions.
She is starting on the wash now. Looking forward to seeing how it works out. 

Sadly, when I looked at the bags of sand and ballast for the concrete slab - I found that I had mistakenly ordered a bag of sand and a bag of ballast and sand mix - rather than the bag of gravel that I wanted. Checked the paper-work and found that it was my mistake. I know what I was saying in the merchants, but when my glasses kept steaming up (problems of wearing masks all the time now) I failed to note that they had quoted me for the ballast and sand - which was duly paid for and delivered.
Called there today at Teifi Valley Building Supplies and I sing their praises as they made no quibble but agreed to take the mix bag back and replace with the 10ml chippings. Cost me an additional £2.16 - but that was the price difference of the bags - no charge for delivery once again. So please again now and will be able to think about getting on with the concreting... It has been sunny today - but is now raining so I shall give it a miss today.

Susie thinks that she may have cracked the kitchen wood burner - in the sense that she has worked out how to work it - seems that the handle has to be turned the opposite way to ensure a proper seal. We may have been trying to keep it alight without a proper seal.

Switched the TV off last night at 11.30pm. Fed up with the reporting of the US election and to be honest most of the News. Thought I may get to be by the witching hour, but sadly lost myself in the reports of electric heating - the pros and cons and why to avoid the new "German" style storage heaters. They look very good and have some good write ups - but it seems that they are very expensive and are unlikely to do much better than a cheap blower from ALDI. 

Seems that you need to take the cost of installing a full gas central heating system and the running costs of that system and work out how many years it would be at the higher electricity costs before you break even.  May just get a couple of cheap heaters with a thermostat and timer as a back up.

Am on fixed rate 24 hours with Octopus now. 

So - back to the grind ..

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment