Friday 31 January 2020

31st January 2020 - Selling Houses - and done!

Thought for the day :"I like barging holidays – I don’t have a boat – I just push people into canals.."

Burns Night last night and a good time was had by all with about 90 present.


So - last night we put the house in New Milton onto the market  - I pressed the"publish" button at about 8pm.
This morning at just after 10am - I had an offer - £410 -above my expected return.
2pm renegotiated the sale price to 390K plus 20K for fixtures and fittings - I need to write out a list of fixtures and fittings now for the sale.

11.40am we changed the car to a new (well 9 month old) Qashqai.
Insurance changed an taxed and we now have a red car for a change.
Will need a tow bar connected - but everything is moving in the right direction.

So, Cwm ty Coed is moving to last offers and final bids on Tuesday. It seems that the vendor want to get one more season from the business and wants to complete for October. I have given a verbal offer of his asking price with a view to early completion - preferably before the start of his season or early into the season. If it takes 6-8 weeks for the lawyers to sort themselves out then we will be into April anyway ...  He is coming back to me on Sunday - so only a couple of days to look ...

Less good news regarding New Road - which the estate agent seems to think should be going for about 165 rather than the 185 we would like. We may have to keep this one on the market longer.

In other news...
Nothing like being inventive


And a final thought about the way language changes over time..

Oh, and I almost forgot - Brexit happens today at 11pm



Cheers ...


No comments:

Post a Comment