Wednesday 15 January 2020

15th January 2020 - Trailers and Hammers

Thought for the day :"I hope that whoever stole my anti-depressants is happy now"

As we arrived hoe last night, I tried to get some things out of the trailer and found that the back roller shutter was badly jammed. It seemed that the sack truck had slipped and the handles were pressing against the shutters and preventing the back opening.  I tried to push the shuttering to free it off - and failed miserably, in fact I managed to punch the shuttering out of its groove - making things considerably worse !
Inventiveness then took place - with the careful use of a mobile phone to delay photograph with flash to see what was happening inside - and that gave us an idea of what was going on.. A quick drive around the block and speeding (sort of) down Harries Avenue and putting the brakes on sharply to try to ease the pressure on the doors helped a little.
Managing to prize the shutter up about a foot I was able to get a couple of items out and free the truck but sadly the back was well and truly stuck - would not go up or down! 
It had been a long day so I drove carefully around to the Lock up and found that the local Zumba classes were ready to finish so both sides of the road were tied up with parked cars. I used my zapper on the electronic shuttergate and one lass kindly moved straight away freeing the entrance. Another moved a bit away. I did speak to her and suggest that she may wish to consider moving as I was reversing into the garage and she may be at risk - she moved quickly enough. As many watched - I must admit to a touch of pride that I reversed straight back into the very tight entrance in one !

So, this morning, armed with a hammer I went to the Lock up and squeezed into the trailer and found that percussive persuasion (hitting with a hammer) freed the shutter very quickly and put the door back into its runners - much easier than expected.  And so we were ready for the off...

And a couple of hours later we have everything into the flat and ready to go.
One more night with us and then Vic can enjoy some privacy. He seems to like the flat which is  a great bonus, happily pottering around and putting his bathroom stuff away and sorting the kitchen cupboards.
Me? I am a bit tired!! I used to load and unload that trailer every week - clearly out of practice!!!


inother news - it is best to consider the uses of your cutlery !!


seems legit !!

Have a viewing for the Cwm ty Coed for Sunday Morning - 10am

looking forward to it ...

Cheers !





No comments:

Post a Comment