Sunday 20 October 2019

20th October 2019 - Vikings, Star Wars, Weddings, Ancient Rites

Thought for the day :"The average stripper weighs 112lbs according to one pole."


Happy Sunday .....

I saw a strange blog today - and one I decided that I would link to for future reading....
Star Wars as a Viking Saga..


"I am named Thrípíó Ditússon, and this man
is my brother Artú," said Thrípíó.
"Your clothes are very bloody," observed
Lúkr, "Were you in a fight?"
Thrípíó said, "We were on a ship when a
battle broke out. But we ourselves are no warriors."
But Lúkr took Artú's bloody cape and there
found the message written by Princess Leia. He
began to read it. "I am no runemaster," he said, "But
these words say, 'Help me, Víga-Óbívan
Kvæggansson; you alone would dare to avenge me.'

- by Jackson Crawford, professor of Old Norse language, myth, literature and culture, author of The Cowboy Havamal and the new Poetic Edda translation.

Worth looking at...

In other news - off to London tomorrow for my 31st Degree in the Ancient and Accepted Rite or Rose Croix..... and this pops up on my feed - ho hum !!!
But it is rather a nice piece of Regalia...



But today is Sunday - it is not raining ..  and my cold is receding so I think I have to go to the warehouse today and empty the trailer - so I can find the electric screwdriver - so we can screw down the bed boards so that we can reverse the mattress - which seems to be doing the job - I apparently am not snoring these days - that is a win anyway - even if a very expensive one !!! More important  - Susie has not had her bad back and neck for a while so that pays for itself ...

Got around to looking at the wedding photos from Tom and Alli's Wedding today ...







More on Flickr now

Of course 40 years ago there was another wedding ...  Susie did the dress and the Bridesmaid's dresses....  How young they look...

40 years ago

To complete your Sunday...
And of course an obligatory Green One !!!


Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment