Monday 7 April 2014

7th April 2014 - In consideration of playing catch-up

Thought for the day: "The invention of the CD broke a lot of records"

It is a rotten wet miserable day in Barton on Sea. We are however warm in the house, though the heating is on so high that the dogs are panting and I really should be in shorts and T shirt for the tropical clime...  As we sit in the living room, Susie with lap-top, checking her ebay sales and ancestry and me on the other end of the settee - with lap-top, checking my Facebook and emails, Bank and thinking about the Blog. Vic, somewhere in the kitchen pottering around and Jean having a lie in .....

I seem to have missed a few days on the Blog - caused by the trip up to Hartlepool on Tuesday, and so I am in a quandary..Do I backdate the last few days or do I skip them?? As a daily blog - there should really be an entry every day ...  That is what a Daily Blog is after all!!   Otherwise it is an "occasional" blog !!

But then, is it a cheat to go and do entries from a previous day, as though it was that day??  Since most people do not read the blog anyway, it may not matter, but I have discovered a couple of faithful followers, on indeed who berated me on Saturday whilst celebrating his 50th Birthday for not being up to date. He was slightly mollified I believe when I pointed out that I might have missed his party if I had stayed at home to complete a blog... but it does mean that there may others who may have a view regarding the authenticity of the "Daily" nature of the Blog... 

Of course, If I try to write up the missing 4 days in one blog, it may become excessively War and Peace-ish, unwieldy and uninteresting... 

So I will restrict myself to details of the day....

Crimson Moon and Bar Tending have gone their way, but today I decided to dabble a little in wholesaling. I can see a number of occasions during the forthcoming months when having a stock of mead within the Bothy would assist the bars on site. I have no intention of selling myslef, but supply by the case on those occasions when the bar has understocked would be an attractive offer I believe. 

Today I ordered a general stock to be delivered to the Green Cloaks Event next weekend. I intended to be there for the whole weekend, but unfortunately the Saturday morning conflicted with the Provincial Meeting for the Order of King Athelstan, the first King of the English...  And I am provincial Organist... And therefore am duty bound to be there!

So Saturday will be an interesting opportunity to test my parking skills of the Bothy in a busy Saturday morning  Swansea - play for the meeting and then drive up to East Sussex for the evening to entertain at a 21st Birthday Party....  

And so it is easier to deliver the stock to the site so it is available for the Friday Evening and the start of the event, and I will take the excess away afterwards charging only for the mead used.... It is a preferable method for the people running the bar - as it is their first venture and means that they do not have to lay out another 3-500 pounds in stock that may not be sold.. They will make less profit on the bottles sold - but then it is profit that they would not have made otherwise...  I shall then have some stock to take to the next events - in case of understocking by other bars...

Seems like a plan - it may pay for a couple of events over the year.....

So the old business account will get a bit of use again - just to keep the information separate. Moniack is now being sold in 50cl flasks - they may be interesting....  


and on the subject of marketting strategies and appealing to more people....

mmm - Nice piece of toast...

Oh dear - got butter all over the keyboard....!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment