Thursday 28 November 2019

28th November 2019 - Thanksgiving

Thought for the day :"If it sounds like a sneeze and it's made of leather, it's a shoe."


Last Thursday - or rather the fourth Thursday. St Teilo Lodge this evening with a lecture.

Happy Thanksgiving ... from Sesame Street ...



Apparently ...In 1939, President Franklin D. Roosevelt changed Thanksgiving from the fourth to the third Thursday in November! ...
In 1941, to end any confusion, the president and Congress established Thanksgiving as a United States federal holiday to be celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November, which is how it stands today.

In other news, my social media feeds seem to have me targeted as a Labour voter as Corbyn supporting feeds seems to be pervading - also most of my contacts seems to hate Tories and are very vociferous - would like to find a decent filter that cut out all political posts - the language would improve I reckon..

Meanwhile -my eye was caught by this rather good "Augmented Reality" video - neatly explaining some simple chemical processes - I was impressed.. Water and Salt...



Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment