Friday 29 November 2019

29th November 2019 - Frivolita - Work in Progress

Thought for the day :"I hold my wife’s hand in the shops – it looks romantic but it’s economics - it stops her shopping"

Got into the studio at last yesterday...


Work in Progress..  Frivolita ...

Frivolita

From Angleterra to far Mitraspera
I traveled the towns and the Taverns and bars
Night time would find me in some old Cantina
Singing for copper and playing guitar…

Oft times I’d sing of the loves I have lost here 
Oft times I’d sing of the ones I hold dear
Sometimes I’d sit close with some new young sweetheart
Most times I’d just drown my sorrows in beer

But then one night a gambler came in 
Sat at a table to play - ay - ee - aye
Out from his duffle he took cards to shuffle
After I saw them I could not look away…

Each of the cards seemed to tell their own story
Each of the cards seemed they’d something to say
Gently I reached out my hand just to touch one 
Snarling the gambler just snatched them away….

My pockets were empty no copper to gamble 
Sadly I left the room, leaving the game
Out in the warm air of old Mitrasperra
I knew that my life would ne’er be the same 

Out in the Tross I stumbled and fell
My head full of Cards and the Ga - aye - ame
To my surprise, Perfume and dark eyes 
Out of the darkness there whispered a name 

Sh!!!!!!   Frivolita!!!!!

What was that name and why did it matter?
Who was the shadow and what did she mean ?
I stumbled into a Tent full of leather 
Still mumbling blindly as though in a dream…

Out from the Backroom there came an old Trader
Studied me closely - he stared at me hard
But as I whispered that name that still haunts me 
He gave me a package the size of a card….
With trembling hands I peered at the seal 
Red as the blood in my heart -
With fear and with hope - a small envelope
And in my hands - just two of her cards..
Sh!!!!!!   Frivolita!!!!!

Out in the darkness I clutched my new treasure
Searching for traders who knew of this game 
Rumours abounded the Stadtmacht all hounded
The maker of Cards - and I knew her name
Sh!!!!!!   Frivolita!!!!!

I thought if I found her, I thought if I meet her
I thought I could somehow discover the rest,
I thought I could greet her this card Senorita
I clutched the two cards I had to my chest 
Sh!!!!!!   Frivolita!!!!!

And so for days, without luck I sought her 
Bribing and dealing and singing my songs 
But sadly ‘twas clear that those items so dear 
Could no longer be found - the cards had all gone !!!  

But as I played in Bad Norderby
A hand on my leg and a card - 
She pressed my thigh - a whispered sigh 
“You must write a song for her, Bard”
Sh!!!!!!   Frivolita!!!!! 

So from Anglaterra - to far Mitrasperra 
My journey was hard, my quest it was long
Though I’ll never meet her - this is for Frivolita 
My “Karte Geschichte” - told in a song…


work in progress...

Cheers !













No comments:

Post a Comment