Saturday 23 November 2019

23rd November 2019 - Getting up early !!

Thought for the day :"Deja poo – Feeling that you have heard this cr*p before "

There is a bit of a Meme going around with a look over ten years - From 2009 and 2019 ..
It was the tail end of 2018 for the second really but close enough - not much of a change there  really!!


And a bit of Welsh ..

So, I am up early this morning - alarm went at 7.30am and actually woke me this morning rather than my normal "wake up 30 seconds before the alarm goes off" but i think that is because it was earlier than I personally thought necessary. Last night I had a phone call from a colleague who wished to have a lift this morning to Bridgend. No problem with that. The Suzuki is in the garage having an MOT so I will be taking the Bothy.. Sadly, this person likes to get up at a little after midnight (or so it seems to a late riser like me -0 even though I am improving my early morning rising). I know that he has to assist in setting up the meeting - but I thought that a quarter to nine leave to get there at 9.30am was fine for a 10.15 meeting...

Complicated by this was that he would normally take another friend as a lift. So he arranges for the friend to pick him up at 78am to get to me at silly o'clock. But then asks me to confirm the details. So I do - telling friedn one to pick friend two up at 8.30am - to get to me for 8.45am and I would take them both in the Bothy!!  A thrill for them no doubt... And so it is arranged that wife of friend one would do the necessary so I could take firend one home afterwards while friend two goes off with his wife .. (his own wife I should say who happens to be in Bridgend anyway!)

Make sense ?  I thought so - until I get a text from friend 2 saying that he would make his own way.. And after having breakfast this morning getting a call from wife of friend one to say that he ad had a bad night and would not be coming....

But I got the Bothy out early to check that she started - which she did .. and that the clutch was working - which it was.. and so I can revert to leaving at 9am which is a much better idea and get a chance to look at my lines again ...  as I will be acting as Prelate 2nd Point today - a Party piece which would be nice to get right....

And so I am sitting doing the blog early ... It is almost 8.30am and I can  get Susie a cup of tea before I go..  She wants to be up early as she is producing hedgehogs like there is no tomorrow - I think she sold out yesterday at the Craft Fayre...

Grand Regalia
Seems that last year I decided that I could do the Meeting and get to teh Banquet in Bangor - will have to think about that one again next year ...


In other news - I saw that the first Direct Entry Superintendent has joined Dyfed-Powys Police. I do not know the details behind it or anything about the candidate but after spending a long time in my Police Career aspiring to that rank I can see a number of people who will be rather disgruntled by the concept... I know !! I am just out of date these days - but I have difficulty in seeing how this is a good step forward...   I remain to be convinced...

First Direct Entry Superintendent - 
 

Cheers !:



No comments:

Post a Comment