Wednesday 6 July 2016

6th July 2016 - Power to the People

Thought for the day: "I talk to myself because sometimes when I need expert advice"

This morning the Chilcot enquiry has been published - I have commented too much on politics lately ...  I take a deep breath and move on...

On other matters, I reported a while ago about the plot of grass that is near my mother's house, a plot where because it is destined for redevelopment at some time in the future, a set of fine log posts were put into the ground to stop local residents parking on the grass.... Glanmor Terrace- Burry Port

http://vollsanger.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/6th-april-2016-of-parking-and.html 

Let me remind you if you do not want to read the original :
Here are a few pictures of the offending green:



Well, my last report was in relation to the attempts local residents took to ensure that they had a place to park and as some form of challenge to those who decided to block the area off and then do nothing with it - My personal view is that they might have been less active if something actually happened to the land ..

But then it has all been quiet for a while ....
I was not sure why..
and then yesterday I saw it....
The grass is high and has not been cut lately ...  but there are cars quite clearly parked along side the road - oposite their houses...  Closer examination shows that the posts have each been meticulously lifted and relocated - a car width away from the kerb - allowing even a campervan to park ....


So - don't tell me that the "power of the people" and civil disobedience does not work...
In the words of Wolfie and the Tooting Popular Front  - "Power to the People"....

On other matters - still sitting on 14 and a half stone but BP steady
Still Dry
Cheers !



No comments:

Post a Comment