Wednesday 15 April 2015

15th April 2015 - On Cars and Calamities..

Thought for the day : "I will be the last person to die in my lifetime !"

Bought two tables today ..  they were the light flding tables that we used to use in the old Moon, but they were in Bargain Buys at £39.99 which was £20 less than the price I paid from B & Q when we first bought them. They are not as strong as the large wooden trestles - but they proved strong enough to last 10 years so they seem to be worth while.

Ordered another 10 trestles and 24 benches from the company supplying  Curious Pastimes. Again it will be an additional expense eating into any profits - but at this stage it is a case of getting back with our feet under the counter and you can't do that without getting bums on seats.

Got a bell if I can unscrew it form the top of the stairs, Was looking everywhere on line for a bell to call for waitress/wench service to the outer areas of the bar - and then realised that we have had one at the top of the stairs for the last 20 years. It used to be used when my eldest daughter was in the top bedroom and it was easier to have a string running down to the ground floor rather than trying to shout up the stairs. Of course it always got caught by anyone walking up the stairs who put their hand onto the bannisters - causing accidental bell pulls - the thread was too thin to see!!!.

Also have a hand bell so we can mark the tips as they come in... if we get tips..  Seems we bought one on Ebay as well - ho hum - multi-bells we are then ...

Got to 1,214 Likes on the Crimson Moon Pages - can't remember where we peaked before but it is not a shabby number to have..  with 14 new likes this week - mainly form the Unicorns one thinks...

House details completed for the House sale - have to take the completed forms in today and get them sorted ...  Pictures make it look quite good - though I probably should have moved some rubbish from the back free standing as it looks messy.

Also need to chase up my Lute Guitar which has been in repair since January. My fault - I keep forgetting to pick it up ...

So much to do - so little time ...

Had some rather bad news about the car - went in for a leaking clutch and found that the MOT that it had may not be as good as we thought  -

Seems they missed this little gem - not even an  advisory about it !  It is possible to see where the clutch pipe has been ruptured - not surprising that there was a small leak...   But hte garage in question are being very good and refunding the money and collecting it on Friday...  No fuss - though I think I threatened them with VOSA in a nice sort of way .

So back on the search for a car again - soemthing I do not like doing - I have no idea what I am looking for in mechanical terms - so really need to take someone with me ..   Will have to see what I can do tomorrow.

And so - better get me book out and start learning for Friday's meeting  - Select Master ...    Never rains but it pours...


No comments:

Post a Comment