Friday 10 April 2015

10th April 2015 - Of heights and Hobbits

Thought for the day :" I was going to sell miniture books only one inch high - but the margins were too small"  

A day for clearing "stuff". Managed to get to the dump, without my mother sadly - she will be disappointed to hear that I went without her today - but there was a trailer full of chicken runs and sawdust, greeenery from the ivy and several Blue Bags of recycle rubbish.. The wheel was a little flat - but I recklined that I could get to the dump and unload which would take the pressure off the tyre - which was what happened.

So the garden looks a little better - room to hose it down on Sunday..
The decorating is done and the Estate agent is booked to come in and take photos and measurements on Monday...

And as usual - in the strangest times I managed to finish writing my new song "too tall to be a hobbit" which is sort of a commission for a good friend who asked for a "happy upbeat song about being too tasllto be a hobbit" - a challenge I could not resist - but the tunes and text have been running around in my head for months now ...

If you had a Dragon Hoard - I would rob it
If you had a magic ring - though we're friends and everything
Into the Fires of Mount Doom I would lob it
The Sun and Moon can stop in their Orbit
Its times like this I wish I was Ronnie Corbett
But I'd be in Rapture
But its a matter of Stature
'Cos I'm much too tall to be a Hobbit


I haven't much to ask - it seems a simple task
I have the character traits - as if given by the fates
I like a second breakfast
I can be loyal and steadfast
And Heaven knows
I've got the Hairy Toes
I could stand in a ditch I suppose
I'm not made of Ticky Tacky
I make smoke rings with my Baccy
With my pipe of clay I can do it all the day
But damn it all
Why Can't I be small ??


Chor:

I was simply not meant - to spend my life as an ent
I like the light  - so can't be a barrow wight
I just couldn't talk  -
about being an Orc
I know I could try
But Why oh Why
Would anyone want to be a uroch hi
It would stick  in my Gizzard
If I had to be a Wizard
I think too much of my self to ever be an elf
But damn it all
Why can't I be small


I write it down here as I lost my laptop to a freak accident falling off the table and it has been sitting trying to recover the startup repair for two days now - I htink that it may be lost !!
Sadly - I have some raw video still on it which I have not processed yet - so will be patient in case I can get onto it even once - onough to get the video off safely to another disk.. Most is already backed up - but there are a couple of important bits that I would like to keep.

So having discovered One Drive and Dropbox - everything else is in the "cloud" and so I am putting the song here so that it will be saved whatever happens -

Am loading the video camera up now - battery flat - so I can do a one take before I forget the tune and chords ..

and so - with the Accoustic Program on the radio and headphoens and Midsomer Murders ont he TV - I shall pour a glass of Chateau 41 and ready myself for the Royal Order of Scotland in Cardiff tomorrow

Cheers





No comments:

Post a Comment