Sunday 26 April 2015

26th April 2015 - Seems I won a doughnut..

Thought for the day : "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years."

Well I am back safely from the depths of Exmouth - which I could not mention yesterday on the premise that Ally (who was having a surprise 60th Birthday party)  might just have seen the post.. Not likely I know - but you cannot take the risk...

So a good time was had by all, with a certain amount of alcohol being imbibed and a few songs being sung. Surprisingly popular was the "Too tall to be a hobbit" which was quite fun...

We also had renditions of "3 happence a foot",  "North of Oldham - south of Diggle" and witht he help of the smart phone a stumbled version of the preamble to "Talking Vietnam Pot-luck Blues"

Everything is on the internet these days..

Weather held fairly well, and though there was a little rain the sun shone for most of the time. Revenstone seemed to have a good wekend and I am happy for them. Maybe someone made some money and can start thinking about paying for the business in due course.

Meanwhile, we carry on with the preparation for Curious Pastimes Event 1. I had reservations about where we are placed, but speaking with more players they seem to be happy that we are in the more IC area and it may turn out well for us. 

A trip to IKEA on the way home and a few lanterns and a couple of rather nice lights - Crescent Moon shaped - I thought they may be fun !!  Sadly - got them home to find that they did not have bulbs in them - Should have remembered that is how IKEA work!!

But I did get my special free bonus secret prize ticket...  There was  along queue for the IKEA families computer prize booths - so I took the opportunity of waiting until I got home to find what prize I had won. "you don't want to do that" said the young lass in IKEA. "You can look it up at home - but you have to come to the store to pick up your prize!!"

But, I looked at the queue and decided on the return journey...
I have just put my code into the prize draw and it seems I am a winner !!
I have won......     A Doughnut !!
And I have to go to Cardiff to pick it up ...

I think I will try a glass of Blossom Hill instead - the Chateau 41 is not ready yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment