Saturday 11 April 2015

11th April 2015 - On Kit and Kilts...

Thought for the day : "I installed a skylight in my apartment...The people who live above me are
furious!"  


A day in Cardiff - a long day to be honest - but much easier to travel down by train rather than car and find a parking place. In fariness the train fare is probably less than the price for parking all day... and no problem with drinking - especially on a lodge that includes the drinks in the meal...   and to quite an extreme if I am to be honest..

The meeting was for the Royal Order of Scotland, and it is acceptable to wear scottish garb for sucha  meeting - though many restrict this to their tie or the occasional tartan wastecoat. There are a couple of members who normally wear tartan trews but have told me the last few meetings that they decided not to do so when tarvelling down by train..

I find no real problem with it and managed my full Bonnie Prince Charlie, Kilt and dress socks with Skian Dhu - and really found no real problems travelling down form Llanelli to Cardiff...
In fact as I dozed ont he platform on the way back at Queen Street Station waiting for the train to Cardiff Central, a crowd of Saturday revelleres came passed and one of them thrust two cans of Carling into my hands - a real gent !!! Anotehr pointed out that Glasgow was the other direction - a kind interest in my welfare I thought!..

After the meeting - there did seem to be a number of bottles of wine left and it would have been rude to rush off, so I found myself in convivial company such that I missed two trains and found that they only run every hour as you hit the evening ...

But, now the holder of the post of Provincial Junior Grand Warden in the Royal Order of Scotland - South Wales Province ...   and will need to get the book out as it is probably the largest piece of ritual in Freemasonry to learn...    but we all like challenges ...

Back home now and sampling a glass of Chateau 41 ...

Cheers!!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment