Monday 2 December 2013

2nd December 2013 - Of mugs and mugshots

The postman always knocks twice they say - but somehow I missed both calls and had to poop around to the Post Office to find out what the mystery box was...  And lo and behold, a shiny new mug was inside, fully repaired after it sprung a leak on the handle, and I was left with a beautiful piece of leather work in an unusable mug....

But the wonderful Nikki Flynn used her skill and ability to undo her previous excellent workmanship and either fixed or replaced the mug - not sure which - and then resewed the leather onto the mug. It is also a lot brighter than it was - well it had seen a lot of work !!!  And it is now restored and re-painted...
"My Lady"

and of course the time remains the same....
But Sunday saw the annual NSPCC "AT Home" at Parc Howard Mansion, this year the entertainment coming from Cor Cyriad, an excellent local choir.
Strangely, we once more found ourselves at the wine bar - serving wine to the great and the good, the Chain Gang  were there and local MP, and a fair number of audience. As usual the buffet was far too much - but always better to have too much rather than too little. We may be eating chicken legs for a few days !!
but I got to play with the lego !!!  Little Notice Stands ...
Cor Cyriad getting ready 
 Of course it was not helped by suddenly finding that Alex (the musical director) would like me to do the introductions, and call out the carols when we did the general carol singing. Not a problem for a speaker of my calibre I hear you say -  very true, until i find that most of the Carols are being sung in Welsh, and I have to start making a stab at pronunciation to a room full of fluent native Welsh Speakers. Well a Laugh was had by all !!! I did introduce myself as an Anglicised Glaswegian!!!


But once again we were able to support the charity in our small way


Which brings me from Mugs to Mug Shots ... Seems it was a Green one !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment