Thursday 1 January 2015

1st January 2015 - Resolutions...

Thought for the day: "My new year resolution - 1080p at least!!"

Picked some Parsnips this morning. Under supervision of course. I would have picked the wrong things - but I had the fork and several parsnips were released from the ground....

That was a good start to the year. A New Year dinner with sister and mother was a second bonus. Home grown chicken certainly tastes best..

While picking the family up, the wind was blowing quite hard and as I slammed the car door shut - my hair got caught in the door. I don't remember that happening in the past  - but the hair is quite long these days.

'Thena had no walk today - she will make her displeasure know to me tomorrow no doubt. But the weather started with glorious sunshine, though cold, and a quick drive onto the beach for my mother to see the seagulls and rocks after her recent cataract operation. A trek to the beach used to be a regular task for her at New Year's. But by the early evening the weather had closed in. The rain was quite strong. A wind is still blosing hard, but the temperature is not as bitter as over the last few days...

So by the evening, it is time to Hatten down the Batches, Dull up the Prawbridge and sit at the computer ....
Nothing on the TV...  Some Game of thrones downloaded and recorded on SKY but not tonight..

Heading for a Dry January I think - about time I took a few weeks off . After the weekend I think.. so time for a quick glass of 41 while I can...

So, a quiet start to the year this year  - we will see what it brings...

So to reflect on last year .. The twelve days of Facebook...




No comments:

Post a Comment