Friday 8 December 2023

8th December 2023 - Purple Skies and RIP Rob

Thought for the day :"I remember being able to get up without making sound effects."


So, found out about the strange light in the sky yesterday 
I thought it was unusual but apparently in other parts of Wales it was very strange.
In Cardiff it was almost purple in the air ...






According to BBC Wales weatherman Derek Brockway: “Due to the low angle of the sun’s rays at sunset, pink wavelengths light up the bottom of the cloud. These pink clouds are superimposed on a dark blue sky. The combination of pink and dark blue can make the sky look purple.”

Elsewhere I saw that it was attributed to the higher humidity, meaning that the water droplets in the air took more of the red light out and therefore it looked more purple than usual 

All I know is that it was not a Green One !!

Sadly learned of the passing of Rob Evans - one of my old Open Mic Cronies 
He was very supportive when I first tried my way with a microphone and a plug in guitar ..
One of my favourite songs that he wrote - the Pembrey Hatchet men, who wrecked boats on Cefn Sidan near where we used to live in Llanelli, including the niece of Napolean who is buried in Pembrey ...

RIP Rob !


Cheers !





No comments:

Post a Comment