Thursday 7 December 2023

7th December 2023 - Brrrr

Thought for the day :"When I say, "The other day," I could be referring to any time between yesterday and 15 years ago."


Another pretty chilly day and that nasty rain that soaks through you without really looking as though it is raining ...  

Photos show the pathway is saturated with rain giving standing water on the path
Dogs don't seem to mind at all !!
 


And in the evening we get a very strange light in the sky - it is a red sky at night but not really suggesting a portent of good weather ...


Photo does not really give justice to the strangeness of the light..

Popped up to Beulah with the Landie to give her a run, and get some layers pellets and decided that I would get a couple of bags of briquette coal to keep us going while the stones are still in their bags blocking up the gap into the coal shed..
Got a bit of a shock as the bags of coal are now at £12
Two years ago they went up to £6 which I thought was a little steep
Apparently, the coal has been at £12 for almost a year 
but I am sure that last year I bought a ton for about £380 which would have been a small discount on £8 a bag. That is a huge increase in a short time 
A clear indication of what is happening to inflation and heating costs ..

But thought I would notate this so some time in the future we  and look back and laugh at our prices...

Think we have a third duck paying today - as there was another egg as I put the girls away tonight.

More watching of Youtube videos for the Boss RC 600 - still in the box
Think I am going to have some fun ...

Cheers !



  

No comments:

Post a Comment