Monday 28 July 2014

28th July 2014 - On Phonetic Phobias (see what I did there??)

Thought for the day: "Don't give up on your dreams - stay sleeping"

Now I do have one or two little foibles!...  "Say it is not so" I hear you say !! But sadly it is true...
Many have seen that on occasion the parking of cars can raise an eyebrow or two and sometimes provide their own type of static road rage....

But please do not get me on the subject of phones in general and smart phones in particular. I will get hot under the collar when people start getting their phones out and checking them while apparently engaging in conversation, or attempting to dine....  Sad to say, even in formal settings such as a good Masonic Festive Board, I have not only seen the strange sight of people taking their jackets off (shameful!!) but just recently I have seen phones being brought out at the dining table...

And that brought this story to mind......




and the result....




A salutary lesson - Luckily, my brick does not connect to the intertweb as far as I can see. I use it to speak to people - what a novel thought..... Was watching "Click" on BBC yesterday and saw that York was a town that is now offering free wi-fi - but the T and C's require you to share your browsing history - and they can track locations and identify phones historically...  So, log on and share your identity, age, gender, likes, and probably your faceboook friends, allowing targetted advertising.

Never manage that on my phone thank you very much.... Oh that reminds me, someone phone a couple of hours ago and left a message - I wonder if it was important???

-o0o-



No comments:

Post a Comment