Thursday 10 July 2014

10th July 2014 - Recycling and Recording - just another day ....

Thought for the day : 
"New Definitions : Gargoyle (n.), olive-flavored mouthwash."

Thursday, and a day for moving rubbish to the dump, for trying to sort some legal matters and preparation for a weekend of LARP ....  Well actually the last I failed at miserably. Spent too long at the dump I suppose!!

But as every day - a little snippet of change and a fascinating new sight...  As I was driving down the road towards Burry Port, I saw a man sitting by the side of the road - with a tripod and what looked like a large fluffy microphone pointing at the sky....   I was in a hurry so I noted his position and drove on by...

Later - with a pile of rubbish for the dump, I saw him once again in the same position..

Now there are tales of men who will not stop and ask directions and women who throw their hands up in exasperation... I have never had this problem. Stopping and talking has always been a favourite solution - especially as I am not very good at map reading....

So, I stopped!   I pulled over with my trailer full of rubbish and wound the window down.
"Excuse me !!"  He put down his Ipad and approached..  "Urr... I have to ask - What are you doing??"

Well it seems that he was testing for road noise. I had guessed recording birdsong - ( and thought is a strange place to do so )  but no, it seems that there was a planning application for building sin the area ( I did not know that either) and he had come up form Caerphilly to test for noise pollution...  Apparently a private individual - not for a business or official... You can meet strange people every day if you really try...

Well it made my day - something different to talk about every day ....  If I had not stopped I would still be wondering what he was doing ...

Glass of 41 ?? Don't mind if I do ...
Cheers!

-o0o-
Picture of the day - Adverts of days gone by

No comments:

Post a Comment