Friday 18 July 2014

18th July 2014 - Kidwelly - and why not to work with Kids!!!

Thought for the day : "[New Dictionary definitions...]
 Flatulence (n.) emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.

I am currently sitting at home listening to my wife complaining that all the Storms are all over the rest of the country and ignoring us completely here in Llanelli..


Personally, having been at the Hanes Kidwelly Festival (Old Kidwelly) at Kidwelly Castle, with Bertha - my favourite tent, housing the Crimson Moon, I would be quite happy to avoid any storms though a good soaking of rain might clean the canvass a little as long as it has time to dry afterwards....

So as she watches her Google Maps new application which shows lightning strikes in real time - quietly calling "Boom!! " "Boom!!" I am sitting feeling my age, a few more aches and pains after setting the tent up, and running around all day doing my "entertainment" bit... but feeling happy to have a full "paying" gig...

Weather here has been warm and sunny - in some cases a little too hot - but the Castle has been fairly full. Schools during the day, and locals later in the day -


As one of the louder bands were playing I strolled over to the inner bailey and up onto the ramparts to take a few photographs and crossed the closed barriers preventing children ascending the walls....  As I came down I was surrounded by around 15 children - led buy one who I mistakenly thought may be a Princess ( only to be told that she was not a Princess - she was Gwenllian the Warrior Queen and did not need any Knight to protect her !!! ) I of course apologised - and decided that a quick rendition of "Ladies of the Harem" would probably go down well...

So there I was on the stairs - I noticed a random "mother" checking from a distance but making no effort to rescue me, as random children tugged at daggers and clothes and listened, one young lad planted himself on my right leg... and proceeded to jump up and down to the song....  In fairness I managed to get most of them clapping  and dancing a little except for little man on my leg - who seemed to be fascinated with the hair in my ears !!!! He started grabbing it and pulling - which is not the easiest thing to put up with as you are singing a very long verse..... He then started examining my nose, and then pulling my eyebrows!!!   Before he proceeded to give me a complete manicure and personal assessment - I managed to complete the song and extricate myself .. I think I earned some of my money on that song only !!!

Tomorrow is another day - the Voll's Wagen worked really well.. Pictures to follow ...
Glass of Port it is then .....


-o0o-
Picture of the day
Unfortunate Books

No comments:

Post a Comment