Thursday 5 September 2013

5th September 2013 - Memory is the Main Thing

After months of play and living grand in the Bothy, and little more than shorts and a singlet, today was the grounding back to a different role play and costume play..
For after months of minimal set up gear and "time in " full of leather and chain, today I was back to the more mundane - a morning suit and regalia, which proved as hot as the worst moments in Germany at Mythodea....

Wearing real clothes is something that is over rated I have decided. The hall was lacking in decent ventilation, a matter that would probably not have affected me ten years ago, but which now, with my penchant for the open air and the starry skies, left me hot and bothered....

This was a form of normalcy - formality and ritual, decency and civility. Despite the warmth in the air, I was able to perform, with credit to self and the company... which left me on a high for the day ...

Start of a new season, and many meetings to come. But a good start and though I am glad to get out of the formal clothes as I sit here with a glass of scotch ...   I am sure that the season will prove as interesting as many in the past ....

Review of the day ??
Mother in law is progressing well in Hospital and is very positive - which is a great bonus..
Managed to learn a shed load of Masonic Ritual and presented with credit - Bonus
Posted Youtube Links for the Mona Mour Video and Had positive response...  excellent
Weekend at Caldicot set up and ready to go ...
Glass of Scotch - Priceless !!!

May have to Monk it for the weekend .. haven't actually worked for a season ......!!!

G'Night !!


No comments:

Post a Comment