Saturday 26 February 2022

26th February 2022 - Windy - & Raised Strawberry Beds

Thought for the day :"Entered my photo of Orion’s Belt into a local competition. I didn’t win, but I did get a constellation prize.."


A sunny, bright but chilly day at the homestead. Early trip to Newcastle Emlyn with the intention of getting a new screwdriver bit and screws from local wood store - forgot it was a Saturday and that they were closed. Went to local building supplies as an alternative and found more expensive (I think) but enough to keep the screwdriver running..

Susie chipped her tea mug this morning - so part of my challenge was to find a replacement pair of matching mugs for our tea ..  not so easy in NE as there is very little around. Having given up I chanced to pass by the local Greyhound Dog Rescue Charity shop and saw two Welsh Dragon Mugs set for St David's Day (or the international rugby this afternoon). Called in to check if they were cash only (as they were) which was sad as I only had card.

Back in the Landie and found that I had put a bag of spare money into a Doggy Pooh Bag - so managed to go back and buy a matching pair...

Also got some white spirit to experiment a little more with my baked bean can fire lighters for the Tavern.... not from the Charity Shop - from the Builder's suppliers..

Meanwhile, Susie has been cleaning the windows on her Greenhouse and planting lots of "stuff".

My task of the day was to complete the raised strawberry bed frame from broken pallets..   which was finally achieved 

Windy day - and had to repair the flag staffs - may last another night ...





  Cheers !


No comments:

Post a Comment