Friday 11 January 2019

11th January 2019 - Trumps Wall 1958 et al

Thought for the day: "In Iran everyone is afraid of spiders, but in Iraq, no phobia..."

I was going to go for my standard daily Trumpton - but today I found something much stranger - a TV program from a series called Trackdown about the Texas Rangers from 1958....

I give you a sample of the dialogue...

Narrator: The people were ready to believe. Like sheep they ran to the slaughterhouse. And waiting for them was the high priest of fraud.
Trump: I am the only one. Trust me. I can build a wall around your homes that nothing will penetrate.
Townperson: What do we do? How can we save ourselves?
Trump: You ask how do you build that wall. You ask, and I’m here to tell you.

Trump and the Wall  1958
So I checked Snopes...

In November 2016, a clip from an episode of the 1950s western television series Trackdown was published to YouTube, along with the claim that it “predicted Donald Trump” by featuring a snake oil salesman character named “Trump” who claimed that only he could prevent the end of the world … by building a wall around the town:

Walter Trump, a confidence man, puts on a long robe and holds a tent meeting in the town of Talpa. He tells the townspeople that a cosmic explosion will rain fire on the town and that he is the only one that can save them from death. Ranger Hoby Gilman attempts to prove Trump is a fraud.

Later, the whole episode was posted and so I decided to keep it here ....


In other news...
I posted my Crimson Moon Flag yesterday - Here is a Vollsanger booster


In other news - Parking still appears to be an issue this one got so close to target ..


And so I start a trip around the country today ..



Cheers !
Sort this one out !!

No comments:

Post a Comment