Monday 7 January 2019

7th January 2018 - Queues and Cookers

Thought for the day:"I dusted once – it came back – not falling for that one again !"

Today there was a test of the the post brexit facilities to look at lorry delays ...
It was meant to be 100 lorries put into a disused airport and then moved on to Dover
Only 80 turned up and apparently it was fine ..
I though I might put this here so we can look back after March and see if the plans were sufficient ..

Seems Eddie Stobart did quite well out of the Charter ..

On other news it is Monday so time to change some profiles and face the current administration for several lodges and orders. I also braved the "Dump" yesterday with the intention of getting rid of several bags of rubbish - blue bags that have piled up in the warehouse and several bottles ( not going to admit how many !!)  - but found myself at the wrong end of my own Brexit style Lorry park as everybody and their Aunt decided that the Sunday after Christmas was the time to recycle their Christmas Trees and get rid of rubbish... The queue stretched back to the roundabout - let alone to the gates of the recycle / rubbish centre...

I decided to push on and give my Mother's car a well needed annual wash - in the automatic as it had been sitting under the tree in the Masonic Hall for weeks and the Sea Gulls had "done a number" on it  - in fact several ... So much that I could not bring myself to take it to our Poles around the Corner who do the hand wash... I will take it to them afterwards I thought...

But here again the queue was immense - Sunday after Christmas is also the time to wash your car it would seem...

So - parked up in Derwent Street full of blue bags and bottles  and covered in Seagull deposits - I am sure that the residents are happy - at least I parked it up the alleyway a little ...

Guess we will be going out for a trip today...

In other news, Gas Cooker fails - no thermostat as far as we can see.
Hoping to find a gas cooker fixer upper ...   Off to Google it is ...

I raise a glass of Orange Squash
Cheers !
D3 16 1

No comments:

Post a Comment