Monday 4 January 2016

4th January 2016 - Back to work day

Thought for the day:" Voluntary work? I wouldn’t do it if you paid me."

Which is a valid point really, for the grammar guru and the pedant - as it would not be voluntary work if you were paid.. 

But today is sort of smug day, as I saw a long (5 minute) traffic jam of people trying to drive to work this morning. I am sure it is there most days - I only saw It this morning because I was up at a quarter to nine putting my contact lenses in as the car had to go to the garage for a new exhaust.
And the rain was belting down and, though it is still deceptively mild - more a March morning than a December one, and it was still dark, with the car lights on and everyone anxious to get to their place of work.

I am looking at the pile of accounts in front of me - so it will be a "back to work" day - though it is starting in quite a usual fashion - the quick look at Facebook, the check of the emails, the blog, the birthday wishes, the change of avatar and cover pictures so there is plenty to prevaricate over before I get anything useful done. That is the bane of retirement I suppose.


Seems reasonable for a New Year ... and one for the Crimson Moon ..


So - enough prevarication... 

Best clear the desktop I suppose..



No comments:

Post a Comment