Saturday 2 January 2016

2nd January 2016 - Sunny Saturday - Or is it just the Filament of my Imagination

Thought for the day :"One joy of getting older will be pretending that I cannot hear"

After the storms and floods of the last few days it was quite a surprise to wake up to the sun shining this morning. It is brisk and wintry, but after the wind in the night and the incessant rain it has been a bright day. I was out early to find a starter for our bathroom light - it is one of those fluorescent lights and requires a starter to get it going..

I got one a few days before Christmas as it was getting embarrassing that you could switch the light on, use the loo, wash hands and get downstairs before the light flickered into life... which was a bit annoying as you tried to remember how many times you had pulled the light switch string...
But the new one was just as bad. My fault - I had chosen the one that looked to have the same wattage as that required - which was also the cheapest, so as guests arrived for the New Year we put a sign on the string saying "Do not switch off" - seemed the easiest way.

But the shops were open this morning so I popped into town to see what I could find - and I splashed out the extra 50p for the more powerful version..  Came home. Put the starter in... and exactly the same ..  So, having to think about changing the bulb instead. Can't see how that can help...

But it did!!  Found a new bulb and added it to the existing one - and bingo ! light came on straight away..

But went to Narberth for an installation this evening and the weather reverted to form...  A pig of a drive home in the rain and the fog...

Must be the Bulb!
better try a glass of 41 ... 

and a thought if you are checking your in - box...



No comments:

Post a Comment