Saturday 3 October 2015

3rd October 2015 - Suddenly a Rugby Fan - How did that happen?

Thought for the day: "I hear Bono has opened up a new restaurant with no dress code: 'With or Without Shoes.' "

I have a random life, and a random representation of it upon the Book of Faces and such similar social media ....   I opened my pages to find a friend asking "Any balwen tups for sale pm me?"
I am not a farmer and this did not have an immediate resonation with me - but knowing Roger and Maxine - my favourite Burger Bar for LARP and re-enactment meetings - it did not surprise me that he was asking something incomprehensible...

Of course - Susie knew straight away that a Balwen was not a large monster that attached Gandalf upon an under ground bridge - but rather a type of sheep and that a tup is a young ram .. More than that - she knew what site to send him to - the West Wales Smallholders...

While watching this I find myself watching Rugby - something I have rarely done since I was a child.
And thought we are supporting Wales ( apparently) it is all about Australia beating England - but somehow I quite enjoyed the game - though some of the rules and decisions have changed a lot in the last 50 years....  But Australia beat England resoundingly and that is a cause for celebration ...

No swimming today - a Gala apparently, and the pool was closed. The arm actually feels a little better today probably because I have not been exercising it so much...   A Meeting of the Royal & Select Masters this morning, locally so no travelling today ..  Found myself acting in various offices and had a great morning...

Meanwhile we have 7 chicks hatched out - the Christmas brood - and a cat chasing the other "girlies" around the garden. Was warm enough to have a cuppa out in the garden today so we did.

Off to Bath tomorrow delivering baby clothes - so all the paperwork I was meant to do today - will not get done until Monday ..   But Wales is celebrating as the England defeat is good for Wales - apparently ...

While I pick up a copy of the Llanelli Herald and find a full page spread - not a bad summary of two hours of rambling chat - can't seem to find it on line at the moment - will look again tomorrow..

So with those few words - glass of some red wine ... and maybe a scotch


No comments:

Post a Comment