Thursday 11 June 2015

11th June 2015 - Nostalgia and Knockouts

Thought for the day:"The bills are washed, the dishes are paid, the laundry's in the oven. I'm going to bed."

Well, day two of the anti Hay fever tablets, and this is the day I suppose that they ought to kick in.. instead I am full of cold, sore throat and runny nose. The weather is a little more overcast and I managed to sleep in until 9.30am. Event he dog did not seem to want to get up today.

So, a day at the computer seems in order. A few records and accounts to pay. A pleasant gathering last night for the Cynghordy Conclave of the Order of David & Jonathan or the Secret Monitor, though lacking in members so a quiet dinner was enjoyed instead.

I note that a new Rotary Club has been set up in Crete in Agios Nikolais - mainly by my daughter's employer and Friends, and will be instrumental in the "It's a Knockout" Charity bash that she is setting up there... Gave me an opportunity to look out some old photographs of the events that we used to run.  I even remembered that there is a Facebook page... and a video...


Sad to say I cannot for the life of me remember the log on details for the NSPCC Knockout facebook Page - tried a few random attempts, but that was back int he day when these sort of pages were logged on as people and friends rather than pages that you manage, so without the email address associated to it back in 2007, I cannot update in any way...

But the link is here NSPCC KNOCKOUT

A few searches and I found Graham Fisher and his set up seems to have grown more over the years. And good luck to him - he had a good idea and worked hard at it.

was not the warmest day ..

the Great Mr Blobby

A blast from the Past - Dyfed-Powys Police Team

Fun had by all..

And so, a quick search through the old photographs but the pictures I am looking for are being elusive for the moment .. these will have to do ..

But Graham Fisher and his team are heading out to Crete in September to provide the entertainment and backing for a Rotary Event to raise money for those hurt so badly by the recession in Crete - And we wish Bethan and all her supporters every success...

No comments:

Post a Comment