Friday 27 March 2015

27th March 2015 - End of a week ...

Thought for the day:" I quit my job in the helium balloon factory yesterday! I refused to be spoken to in that tone of voice... "

Sold the old car this morning. It was on Ebay and there was some interest but a sale is a sale. Of course I missed the message at 8am saying that they were on the way up from Cardiff - but luckily I was drinking my tea as they arrived at 9am. Still an ungodly hour - but at least I had a cuppa in me ....

Sadly the car did not start - which was not a good selling trait. The brakes had deteriorated - which they saw straight away - as there was a big leak there. I knew there was a heating problem - we had stated that it overheated - but thought it woudl at least start ...

Offers went back and forth - but int he end I got the minimum that I would accept. Wish I had checked Ebay as the bids were begining to creep up and there was still a few days to go ... But the garage had been good to us for the last few weeks looking after the car and it was only fair to them to finalise the matter ...

So the car is gone and one less problem to worry about..  

Had a good night last night in St Teilo, with a guest from "up North"... Sadly I may have broken him . Not much sign of him stirring until after 11am...  Oh dear !!

So lots of paperwork today...
Lyme Bay tell me that they will be increasing the prices on Tuesday so put in an order for the Unicorns today - to make sure that we have stock for the event.  All money out at the moment - will change later in the year...

Off to Shrewsbury in the monring early for the Provincial Meeting of the Order of Athelstan - where I shall be invested as Provincial Deputy Marshall and start my duties to support the Deputy Provincial Grand Master throughout this year...    A busy year ahead I think without even considering my business commitments...  and the two chairs that I am in at the moment and the Chair of St Teilo that I shall take in September (if elected)...  Well - If I did not have a sense of humour I would never have joined !!!

Glass of 41 is required - but will have to stop early so I can be on the road at 6am tomorrow ..
Night !!!
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment