Wednesday 25 March 2015

25th March 2015 - Back to normalcy

Thought for the day: "I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.
So I said, "Got any shoes you're not using?" 


A second sunny day in a row and waiting for the openreach man to arrive. Not that there is a current problem with the broadband - but because there is an intermittent problem with the broadband. this means that every 3 or 4 weeks I end up chatting with one of the nice call handlers at Sky and we go through the test procedures that I now know better than they, and they find that the line test is fine, that the filter test is fine, that there are no problems with the set up and then it drops out again so they escalate it and then nothign happens for a while - but the line clears and we get boradband for the nextfew weeks..

Well the last call ten days ago left us with the decision that the SKY engineer woudl come out and check the system. He came out and I had the test rig set up. A router into the test socket where the line comes into the house. I knwo that my own internal network setting is causing deterioration. That I can live with. I am not a gamer or heavy film user. So I remove my own connections and set it up as wifi int he kitchen. This is how I set it whenever I call Sky because it is failing - so that is how it will be when the engineer arrives.

Of course there was nothing wrong with the system yesterday when the SKY man arrived. And it is fine today as I sit here at the window waiting for the Openreach man to turn up "between 8am and 1pm".  But I will let him test the lines and see what he comes up with. Not much I feel as it is an intermittent problem...

But while I wait - I shall sort some paperwork which has been growing over the last three weeks... you may gusess as there has been no blog and all the birthdays have stacked up - might have to put a huge "sorry I missed your birthday" for about 300 people....


No comments:

Post a Comment